Redeveloping the UX and Visual Design for a Growing Compliance Training Product
As lead product designer on this project, I drove the direction of a complete visual overhaul. I did an initial interface with key members of the leadership team, and then partnered with product, engineering, and content to develop a strategy for the new design based on needs and requirements identified by each of them.
The key elements we identified to focus on were:
- Update styling to align better with the company brand.
- Simplify the ux and path to course discovery.
- Redesign the course cards - a key element of the LMS
- Create an more informative and data-based dashboard for admin roles
- Create a more useful dashboard for learner roles that would aid in course completion and content discovery
I started the Dashboard design by creating wireframes to flesh out all of the required features of the redesigned system. The wireframe stage allowed us to review the layout and UX and rapidly iterate when we found holes in the UX or features that were missing or unnecessary. As a result, the initial wireframes varied quite a bit from the final design.